Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Evolution of Privacy

From: Andrés Muñiz Piniella
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Evolution of Privacy
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 16:03:51 +0000

El 1 de enero de 2016 16:57:02 GMT+00:00, "A. Mani" <a.mani.cms@gmail.com>
escribió:
>https://medium.com/the-ferenstein-wire/the-birth-and-death-of-privacy-3-000-years-of-history-in-50-images-614c26059e#.47xzv2tp5
>

>Best
>
>A. Mani

Wow. Interesting article. Though the part about living with animals I think was
mainly for warmth at least that is what I was taught.

I think privacy is going to be more important not less. Simply because
something will break. But maybe the solution is extreme non-privacy. Back to
tribal times?

In UK when getting out a Mortgage they ask about drinking, smoking and
dangerous sport practice. I would not be surprised that they track credit card
expenses to check that you are doing so.

In London you are encouraged to use 'contactless' in public transport and no
longer accept cash.

Still in UK people are against personal ID unlike the rest of EU.

The article does not seem to draw the line between in-family privacy and in-
city/nation/world.

Happy to take this off-list.

--
RichmondMakerlabs.uk