Re: [libreplanet-discuss] WTFPL Worse License Ever?

From: anonymiss
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] WTFPL Worse License Ever?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 12:43:50 +0100

On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 06:39:40 -0500
Julien Kyou <julien@thisyear.me> wrote:

> This pisses me off "Choose Freedom." "Probably the best license out
> there"
>
> >Copyright (C) 2004 Sam Hocevar <sam@hocevar.net>
> >
> >Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified
> >copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long
> >as the name is changed.
> >
> >>meaning only this document not the licensed materials
> >
> >DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE TERMS AND >CONDITIONS
> >FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
> >
> >0. You just DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.
> >>so basically closing the source is ok?
> >

> wtfpl.net
>
> I just learned of the existence of this licenses 30 minutes ago, so
> sorry if its not news.

Ah, it can get worse than this.
I have (luckily) forgotten the name, but there's one "open" source
license of one particular individual who excludes people from using the
software who don't fit in his (racist) view of the world or who live in
(long list of countries).

NG. / anonymiss
http://libertad.pw http://krosos.sdf.org
gopher://sdf.org/1/users/krosos
Email is public. Talk to me in private:
https://psyced.org:34443/~anonymiss
privacy respecting, secure communication:
BM-2cSj8qEigE3CMaLU3CwPZf7T3LvzvnttsC
(bitmessage)