Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Information Kiosk

From: Andrés Muñiz Piniella
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Information Kiosk
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 03:44:07 +0000

El 7 de diciembre de 2015 23:23:18 GMT+00:00, Charley Quinton
<charleyquinton@gmail.com> escribió:
>I want to build a lost-cost patent-free Kiosk Module running Liberated
>Software for Little Free Libraries -
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Free_Library - Ideas?

The way we went about setting an information Kiosk was to create an html/php
page in a computer and have the browser maximized at boot up and the mouse
hidden and the screen saver removed. For the little free library if far away
from wifi you could have it just hook up to weather station ir other sensors
near by or use routers running freesoftware as a relay to extend the home wifi.

This is version 1:

http://wiki.richmondmakerlabs.uk/index.php?title=Bus_Countdown

http://wiki.richmondmakerlabs.uk/index.php?title=File:LibraryProjectV1Install.jpg

Sorry for the mess.

It is work in progress to get it fully liberated, I was hoping to use
beaglebone running parabola gnu/Linux for next version, or the Free alternative
proposed in this mailing list. Also the idea was to add a wild life monitor and
info of local activities and the weather.

--
RichmondMakerlabs.uk
Ham United Group