Re: [libreplanet-discuss] C.H.I.P. $9 computer respects your freedom, ma

From: Isaac David
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] C.H.I.P. $9 computer respects your freedom, maybe?
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 19:56:34 -0600

I took a quick look into their hardware documentation[1] and I found the C.H.I.P. is allegedly using a Mali 400 GPU and a Ralink RTL8723 WiFi+Bluetooth chip, none of which work without proprietary software to my knowledge. Linux-libre deblobs the RTL8723 firmware[2].

[1] https://github.com/NextThingCo/CHIP-Hardware
[2] http://www.fsfla.org/svn/fsfla/software/linux-libre/scripts/deblob-4.3