Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free movie database?

From: anonymiss
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free movie database?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 19:23:31 +0000

Mike Linksvayer:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 4:42 PM, William Theaker
> <william.theaker@american.edu> wrote:
>> Is anyone aware of a database like MusicBrainz, but for films? TMDB used to
>> be CC BY-SA, but it looks like they don't allow derivative works anymore.
>
> Not that I'm aware of, but eventually Wikidata ought surpass all others.
> Where to help: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Movies
>
> Though you mean free "movie database", I'll mention that I'd like a "free
> movie" database. I couldn't find even a list that aimed for comprehensiveness
> so I started one at https://d.wifo.org/t/list-of-premium-and-libre-video/70
> and plan to add everything I know about each to Wikidata eventually, but help
> wanted on that project too. :)

"https://archive.org/details/feature_films1 (but note many of these are
public domain in the U.S. only)"

I'm curious, is this made visible on archive.org, or would I have to
look at copyrights, expiration dates and other lists/data to figure this
out for individual countries?

--
--anonymiss

Email is public. Talk to me in private:
  http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/anonymiss/
  irc://loupsycedyglgamf.onion:67/anonymiss
  https://psyced.org:34443/anonymiss/

If you want Email-like conversation, use bitmessage:
  www(vcard): http://krosos.sdf.org/
  bitmessage: BM-2cSj8qEigE3CMaLU3CwPZf7T3LvzvnttsC