Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free movie database?

From: Fabián Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free movie database?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:23:48 -0500

Le 2015-11-22 19:42, William Theaker a écrit :
> Is anyone aware of a database like MusicBrainz, but for films? TMDB
> used to be CC BY-SA, but it looks like they don't allow derivative
> works anymore.
>
> William Theaker

Filmaster.com used to have this:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120418025921/http://filmaster.com/about

It let people contribute film information, which was then offered under
CC-BY 3.0:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120507204109/http://filmaster.com/license/

It even had an open API!
https://web.archive.org/web/20121025135946/http://filmaster.org/

I stopped using it for some time and then one day wanted to find
something, came across a changed site. I emailed to inquire about all
the stuff that was there before, I was told they were changing
licensing, retiring any open/libre licenses and selling their tech. This
is it now:
https://www.samba.tv/samba-tv-acquires-filmaster-boosting-its-capabilities-in-artificial-intelligence/

Draw your conclusions :)

F.