Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Community/resource for free software UI/UX?

From: Jim Procter
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Community/resource for free software UI/UX?
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 08:39:47 +0000

Hi Zak, Aaron.

Zak - you probably found this already, but a good place for anyone interested in learning UX is:
https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/book/the-encyclopedia-of-human-computer-interaction-2nd-ed

The interaction design foundation charge for their online courses, but the Encyclopedia is OA.
Beyond just a resource or community, I'd like there to be some kind of
initiative for UI/UX people to get together and work on interface for
important free programs, especially encryption programs like GnuPG and
its various GUIs.
+oo Zak - excellent idea!
  If anyone is interested in working on making this a
reality, please get in touch.
I'll ask around. UX has been called for by other OSS communities (it has come up in various Summer of Code meets), but I didn't hear of anything resulting from those calls.

Jim.