Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gratis software being released as proprietary

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gratis software being released as proprietary
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 22:04:30 +0200

THANK YOU everyone for your quick and detailed responses, I carefully read all
of them! I regret I can't afford a comprehensive reply at this point since I am
already very busy at the conference, but will try to report back on how things
go. However, if you have any thoughts in the mean time please do let me know!

My experience agrees that many people find the concept of Free Software
uncomfortable when first introduced to it. I'll do my best to talk to those
scientists while incorporating all of the points everyone made. I just hate to
antagonise them too much to make them think I am just attacking them. I know
the fact that their software is proprietary is a HUGE fundamental problem, but
I'd like to approach this in a way so they will actually listen and know that
their hard work is still appreciated.

Anyway, thanks again for your help! I'll stay in touch.