Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives,

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives,
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 10:27:10 -0700

"I do not consider it unjust
to give people the power to avoid misrepresentation and plagiarism."

This is all red herring stuff. Plagiarism is FRAUD. Misrepresentation is
FRAUD. Misattribution is FRAUD. Those are beyond copyright.

If I say "RMS said that everyone should now use Apache licenses and stop
using GPL" I have NOT committed *any* form of copyright infringement.
Period. I have committed FRAUD.

I could say "I wrote the GPL, not RMS!" and that would be plagiarism and
fraud. Again, it would NOT be copyright infringement.

The ND clause has the *primary* effect of stopping people from taking
some of RMS writings, some of Lessig's writings, some of my writings,
and making a great video promoting software freedom… and all sorts of
other such things.

Furthermore, the CC licenses have this clause, which I *already* pointed
out in THIS THREAD here:

See https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode

SECTION 3a1B:

"If You Share the Licensed Material (including in modified form), You
must: indicate if You modified the Licensed Material and retain an
indication of any previous modifications;"

We cannot even have an honest discussion about the ND license if people
insist on ignoring the basic facts about what it does and does not cover
or allow.

--
Aaron Wolf
co-founder, Snowdrift.coop