[libreplanet-discuss] slack alternative: kaiwa, a modern XMPP client

From: Rudolf
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] slack alternative: kaiwa, a modern XMPP client
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 10:42:49 -0400

This is awesome: http://getkaiwa.com/

I've encouraged the use of Slack at the office in my last two jobs because despite it being proprietary it has a really nice interface and it did support IRC (and XMPP at some point). I viewed it as the lesser evil when the only choices were Google Hangouts, Skype or Lync.

Kaiwa is a web-based interface to XMPP and it looks modern and it actually looks very similar to Slack. The hard part now is convincing management to deploy an XMPP server ;)

It's nice to see good looking and easy to use free software; it goes a long way towards convincing others to switch.

I may have to deploy my own XMPP server just to check out Kaiwa. Anyone have recommendations for an easy to setup XMPP server? Something that takes under 30min to configure?

Rudolf