Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Truly decentralized/federated software develop

From: streondj
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Truly decentralized/federated software development platforms?
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:39:06 -0400

From: Logan Streondj <streondj@gmail.com>
Sent: Tue Mar 17 21:41:06 EDT 2015
To: rysiek <rysiek@hackerspace.pl>

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 03:07:38AM +0100, rysiek wrote:
Hi there,

the Gitlab/Gitorius situation rekindled my interest in what I would call the
"next step" in software development management -- a truly
decentralised/federated platform.

Next step would be to have a truly decentralized solution, a bit like what
Twister[1] does for microblogging.

Anybody heard of anything like that? Anybody doing work in that direction? Any
projects I should look into?

[1] http://twister.net.co/

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147
GPG Key Transition :: http://rys.io/en/147

Interesting you should mention it, yesternight I was thinking about
the very same thing, about how to best implement a DAC for Open Source
Projects, and more in general for the internet as a whole. I'll try to
make this brief.

BlockChains like in Bitcoin/Twister are distributed databases, since
everyone has to keep a copy of all transactions, it's not really
scalable for large projects which have forums/mailing-lists,
issue-trackers, code, and possibly video tutorials hosted within.

For large things bittorrent is a great way to go. Magnet links are a
portable solution for static websites, and with a proper DHT may be
able to have Freenet like capabilities.

A hybrid of the two may be best.

Proof-of-work traditionally does difficult computation that is easy to
test. Here instead of doing something frivilous like finding a
particular hash, the work can be making a contribution to the
project which can be tested.

Thus a user can open an issue, each users' upvote could make the DAC
put another librecoin onto it, or users could donate librecoin to the
issue for a quick boost. Solutions could be posted, and the one
selected by the majority of voting users would get the librecoin.
The solution developer could then donate librecoin to other issues, or
they could sell it at market to users who wish to put it on issues.

Depending on DAC scope, issues can range from just for that project,
or for anything goes craigslist style.
I guess it would be like a Roman forum, or a bazaar.

For complicated issues, may need to break up solution into parts,
for instance a test-maker can come along to figure out what the
input/output is going to look like, and on acceptance get some of
the coin. Then someone/thing would write the code, pass the tests,
and get the rest of the coin. This would open the door for automatic
code-generators, which could harness the FPGA's, GPU's, and other
hardware hardcore bitcoiners like to use.

from Logan ya

Sent from my Android device with Emails.