Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story

From: rysiek
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 04:26:48 +0100

Dnia wtorek, 17 marca 2015 13:22:55 Aaron Wolf pisze:
> "Freedom software" is acceptable enough… indeed "free software" is
> broken in that you can't even search for it reliably because of the
> confusion over the term.

I have a different take on this: we either stand our ground and fight for our
language, or we *will* get pushed off of the next term, and the next, and the
next.

Look what's happening with "open". Openwashing is a huge problem. We can move
to "libre", but sooner or later the very same dynamic will take over. At some
point we *will* have to make a stand.

So we might as well make a stand here, with "free software".

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147