Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:22:55 -0700

"Freedom software" is acceptable enough… indeed "free software" is
broken in that you can't even search for it reliably because of the
confusion over the term.

Here's my take: https://snowdrift.coop/p/snowdrift/w/en/free-libre-open

I think "libre" is the best overall word, but that the continued
existence of competing terms means we should embrace them all — as long
as we're clear that we're not doing so to be neutral, that we stand for
the ethical values of software freedom and not merely the "Open Source"
values of code-development processes.