Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Why contains in nonfree that's not ethical?

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Why contains in nonfree that's not ethical?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 12:01:39 -0500

We should not be passive and wait for people to find us.  The technical
community should tell people what to use and provide them with systems that
give them real privacy.  I tell people that they need at least one libre
computer for their communications, a computer completely without non free
software.  It is fruitless to fight the battle on Windows, Microsoft has
betrayed people and they know it.  Trusting a service like gmail to encrypt
your mail is also a half measure that only increases people's
frustration.  "Security" on non free platforms is basically an inconvenience
to the user that achieves nothing.  We should tell people this, especially
other people in the technical community, and tell them where to get real
freedom.

We can't win if we play the bully's game.  Now, more than ever, we can avoid
it.