Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)

From: John Pozzi
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 21:03:05 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Mark,
Please see GNU/Linux at www.grb.net
under development by Troy at TKsoft.
John
----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
To: Mark Holmquist <mtraceur@member.fsf.org>
Cc: sytse@gitlab.com, tobias@platen-software.de, dzaporozhets@gitlab.com, libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
Sent: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 15:42:15 -0000 (UTC)
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]
> Now, you could definitely say that copyleft is not a restriction on the
> end user, but if you're looking to minimize the restrictions for *everyone*,
> including developers of derivatives or applications that use your code,
> then copyleft is not your license.
On the contrary, copyleft minimizes the restrictions on all users of
your code, by preventing middlemen from imposing any restrictions on it
as they redistribute it to additional users.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation