Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)

From: Miles Fidelman
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 09:43:45 -0500

Richard Stallman wrote:

Copyleft is not a restriction.  It is a defense against restrictions
imposed by middlemen on the users.

To be fair, or more accurately, to pick a nit, any license terms that include the terms "must" or "may not" are, by definition, restrictions - in the case of Copyleft, restrictions on what middlemen can do. (Not that I disagree with those restrictions, mind you.)

Cheers,

Miles Fidelman