[libreplanet-discuss] Art & Libre Software

From: Joel Kahn
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Art & Libre Software
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:23:39 -0700

Thomas Harding wrote:

>A facebook page is somewhat evil, because of intellectual
>property content falling down to Facebook (or please re-read
>their contract with help from a good lawyer).

>There are certainly other hosting solutions with "ballots"
>and non-impairing contracts regarding artists.

These issues have been discussed here before. I intend to
talk to my fellow artists about them when the suitable
opportunity comes along at some future time.

Quiliro Ordóñez Baca mentioned some of the Libre graphics
programs out there. In my recent and current activities,
I've been generating the original picture in BASIC-256....

http://basic256.org/index_en

....then doing a bit of post-processing as required in an
appropriate environment, most commonly Gimp or Pinta.

I encourage further comments and questions.

Joel