Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Installing BASIC-256 From Tarball

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Installing BASIC-256 From Tarball
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 21:57:42 +0200

> I'm attempting to install the latest version of the
> GNU-licensed application BASIC-256 on my laptop which is
> running Trisquel 6.0.1.

Trisquel has an older version.  If you want to build a newer one from
source, running "apt-get build-dep basic256" should help: it will
install dependencies hopefully working for the version that you want.

> I've gotten as far as extracting
> files into a new directory, but my attempts to run commands
> like "configure" and "make" keep producing errors such as
> "command not found".

Read COMPILING.txt in that directory, it should help.  (If there would
be a configure script, you would use ./configure and then make.)