Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Google to drop XMPP entirely

From: Carlos Solís
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Google to drop XMPP entirely
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 09:20:52 -0600

Alexander Berntsen <alexander@plaimi.net> escribió:

I use a combination of Riseup[1] (for mail and XMPP), a public instance of Friendica[2] (for social networking), and Owncloud[3] (for file sharing and contact management). Unfortunately, the first and third are invite-only. I was lucky enough to get the invites, but most others can't. And since most people (myself included) have zero budget for a server, a donation-funded site that offers at least the services above is urgent, perhaps to the point of being in the FSF's critical list.

[1] http://www.riseup.net
[2] http://friendica.free-beer.ch
[3] http://allthefil.es
- Carlos Solís