Re: [libreplanet-discuss] DRM in HTML5

From: d.dn
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] DRM in HTML5
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:59:52 +0100

Le 13/03/2013 00:03, Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak a écrit :
Hello,

I have gotten news that DRM is going to make it into HTML5. Anybody
can confirm it?

If that's true, maybe we should create some commotion around the topic
- some joint open letter of organisations and people on this list, for
starters?

I can't actually believe that W3C is considering it, but that's the
news I got.

Bonjour,

That is correct, the W3C via the HTML Working Group, intends to find a way to integrate DRM on HTML5 which is currently lacking in .

The W3C is currently working on the development of a standardized API, th EME (Encrypted Media Extensions)...