Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [school-discuss] Digital Literacy

From: Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [school-discuss] Digital Literacy
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:58:30 +0100

Dnia poniedziałek, 28 stycznia 2013 o 19:02:46 Michael Shiloh
napisał(a):
> Great pointers. Thanks. I wonder how long this will take to change.
>
> I have a part time job working for Arduino, preparing educational
> materials. One challenge I have is figuring out where Arduino fits
> in to the public school requirements. Simply put, it does not
> directly, but teachers tell me they want to use it to make
> subjects like electricity and magnetism, force and motion more
> engaging.
>
> Perhaps beyond this, Arduino might be a vehicle for further
> learning about programming and computer hardware.

Here at the Free and Open Source Software Foundation (http://fwioo.pl/
) we have a 3-year programme creating teaching materials,
implementation examples, class scenarios, etc., based purely on FLOSS,
and testing them in school groups (~10 students, ~60 groups in
Poland). Arduino is a part of the fun. Here's the link:
http://e-swoi.pl/

This is, unfortunately, only in Polish at this time, but we are
looking at ways we could translate it to English. Everything will be
available on libre licenses (GPL for code, CC-By or CC-By-SA for
materials).

We hope to have some English materials on it on CeBIT2013 in March. We
will be there with a booth.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania