Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: [BugProgramming] https (xrchz)

From: Mark Holmquist
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: [BugProgramming] https (xrchz)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:50:36 -0800

On 11/21/2012 06:49 AM, Ramana Kumar wrote:
Thanks Will.
So presumably if Google were to offer an https version of the ad code, that
would solve the problem for a lot of sites that use their code.
So... our efforts should be directed at getting Google to do so!
It's strange because everything else on Google appears to be all-https
already...

Actually, I had this issue on a site before. The Google ad code won't be HTTPS, but you can still enable HTTPS for everything else, you just won't get the beautiful colours in the browser that say everything's perfect. Admittedly that somewhat defeats the purpose, but just FYI it's totally possible to simply ignore Google and do it yourself anyway :)

Also, FWIW most resources that are available in both SSL and non-SSL can be linked to relative to the current protocol, e.g., //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTPS will show up as "https://"; for SSL users and "http://"; for non-SSL.

Just some thoughts :) you may want to forward that on to your support center.

--
Mark Holmquist
Software Engineer, Wikimedia Foundation