Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Android without Google

From: libreplanet
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Android without Google
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 10:59:16 +0000

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 12:54:20PM +0200, mail@mray.de wrote 0.6K bytes in 15
lines about:
: On 09/10/12 12:48, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
: >1. I have heard about 3rd party Android markets, but never used them.
: >This needs some research.
: >2. Ask vendors, and Open Source projects to provide APK directly,
: >bypassing Google Play. I'm sure FireFox are willing to do that.
: >
: >Effectively, for best experience having a Google Play device is a
: >MUST. (esp if you are not Richard Stallman, and are using some
: >proprietary software...)
: >
:
: f-droid provides very recent builds of firefox already!
: his goal is to keep the device "google free" so google play isn't
: that helpful :P

Right, the goal is google free. I guess my duckduckgo/startpage searches
were the reality, few have tried to do this with android. The journey
begins.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x6B4D6475