Re: [libreplanet-discuss] review respect of code of conduct on Mancheste

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] review respect of code of conduct on Manchester FAQ
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 15:45:38 -0500

El 25/08/12 09:24, Thomas Harding escribió:
On 25/08/2012 11:20, Bob Ham wrote:
On Fri, 2012-08-24 at 21:20 -0500, Quiliro Ordóñez wrote:

"Our policies, guidelines, and authority is defined by the Free Software
Foundation (FSF) through LibrePlanet's Project."
I have two responses to this.  Firstly, that page does not explicitly
define the Code of Conduct as a "policy" or as "guidelines". The
sentence you quoted is ambiguous about the authorship of the Code of
Conduct.

Secondly, even if the Code of Conduct is defined by the FSF, that does
not imply that the Code of Conduct is intended to enforce FSF doctrine.
Indeed, I would expect the FSF to be permissive about the views that are
expressed on the LibrePlanet wiki because the wiki is intended to widen
the arena in which free software is advocated, not restrict it.

Third, the Code Of Conduct given on that pages in fact points to "anti-harassment policy" (no sexual contents which have obviously nothing to do here, events/meetings anti-harassment policy and helps, ...)

TSFH

I am not discussing this any more. I do not need to debate. FSF is the owner of the site and will decide what to do. I am speaking with them only.

--
Saludos libres,

Quiliro Ordóñez
Presidente
Asociación de Software Libre del Ecuador - ASLE
Av de la Prensa N58-219 y Cristóbal Vaca de Castro
Quito, Ecuador
(593)2-253 5534
(593)2-340 1517
(593)8-454 8078