Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Alternatives to closed, non-free webmail servi

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Alternatives to closed, non-free webmail services?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:58:25 -0600

Ted Smith wrote:
> What would you have us do?

We must write a "Terms of Operation" analogous to the GNU GPL, but in
a form that can be applied to physical property.

This Terms of Operation will be a legally-binding "social contract"
that hardware co-owners can then choose to apply to some of their
property for the purpose of insuring access to that hardware remains
Free as in Freedom for all Users.

Part of the Terms of Operation will be the definition of what is meant
by Free as in Freedom in the physical realm.

I have been working on this document for some time now, and so know
some of what it must contain.

After we have peer-reviewed the contract (maybe similar to how the GNU
GPLv3 was peer-reviewed), then we can try a test-run by gathering some
money and buying some hardware to begin hosting something such as Free
as in Freedom email.