Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Clarification regarding licensing under the GP

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Clarification regarding licensing under the GPL v3
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 08:36:46 +0100

I trust the FSF will answer you soon!
I'll write something just so you have a quick reply, but I am not a lawyer and I'm not sure I am correct.

I am not a lawyer, but I believe the answer is (b), you do not need to have any patents registered or any plans to.
The purpose of item 11 seems to me to protect people who use your GPLv3'd module from any claims you might make of patent infringement in the future (which presumably you won't).