Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Skype Replacement?

From: andrew
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Skype Replacement?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 08:38:26 -0400

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:26:39PM +0100, ramana.kumar@gmail.com wrote 3.5K
bytes in 89 lines about:
: Did you try Jitsi on different platforms (e.g. connecting Windows user to
: GNU user)?

Yes, daily. I'm on debian testing with OpenJDK Runtime Environment
(IcedTea6 1.11.1) (6b24-1.11.1-6). I typically talk to people on osx
and Windows flavors. Windows' firewall is generally a larger problem
than anything else for the remote end.

: Did you use Jitsi with XMPP/Jingle or with SIP?

Both, it depends upon what the other end has, but it 'just works' from
my perspective. By default, I point people at my XMPP account.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x6B4D6475