[libreplanet-discuss] Using a mac machine

From: Harry Zisopoulos
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Using a mac machine
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 23:05:25 +0300

> The issue more is not creating quality art.  Linux has plenty of free tools
> to do that.  We use The Gimp, Blender, Krita, Inkscape and many more
> programs routinely.  We need something that we can use to create animated
> Gifs and sprite sheets for some products we are developing.  Pixen is
> perfect for us.  The only problem we have with is is that we have to keep a
> macintosh computer around almost solely for pixen.

Have you considered using a virtual machine that runs on a free distro
and set it up so it runs mac and your pixen? It's certainly a better
solution than keeping a physical machine just for one application.
Hopefully, in time you will be able to make the transition and you
just stop using the virtual machine , having the rest of your setup
ready at hand.