Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreplanet-discuss Digest, Vol 21, Issue 3

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreplanet-discuss Digest, Vol 21, Issue 3
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 15:16:43 -0600

C. A. MacFinn wrote:
> We need something that we can use to create animated
> Gifs and sprite sheets for some products we are developing.

I wonder if any of these will do?:

http://Pencil-Animation.org or http://Les-Stooges.org/pascal/pencil
>>Pencil is an animation/drawing software for Mac OS X, Windows, and
Linux. It lets you create traditional hand-drawn animation (cartoon)
using both bitmap and vector graphics. Pencil is free and open source.

http://KToon.Toonka.com >>KToon is a 2D Animation Toolkit designed by
animators (Toonka Films ) for animators, focused to the Cartoon
Industry. This project is covered by the GPL License using G++, OpenGL
and QT as programming resources from KDevelop as the development
platform. By now, KToon is only available for Unix systems but we
expect to make it works on Windows systems too someday.

http://Synfig.org >>Animation in the free world    Two-dimensional
animation has long been the domain of proprietary software. That
changes with the introduction of Synfig, a free software/open source
tool for producing feature-film quality animation with fewer people
and resources.