Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Pixen Alternative for Linux

From: Daniel Martí
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Pixen Alternative for Linux
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 22:36:45 +0200

It's not of their concern. Non-free repos are not part of the install config and onky users who really wish it can add them, to their own risk. Debian clearly states they are not recommended but we accept that in some cases the temporal use of non-free software can do some good, as in developing free alternatives to it.

Furthermore, guess why Debian doesn't give away mozilla products, which all of your "completely free" distros do. Plus, i believe choice to be another freedom. If you understand the risk and the danger, why shouldn't you be able to decide it yourself? Again, non-free software is not considered a long-term solution anyway.

Cheers!

Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva <pitanga@members.fsf.org> wrote:
On 09/06/2011 07:44 PM, al3xu5 / dotcommon wrote:
> At the same time, despite Debian is not in the FSF's free distros list
> I know it is (now, since squeeze) very near to be a fully free distro
> (and thre are rumors that FSF and Debian are discussing about this...).

I'd not be very inclined to believe that Debian is dropping the non-free
repo in any foreseeable future.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

http://garoa.net.br