Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Project

From: andrew
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Project
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 08:58:17 -0400

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 05:04:37AM -0700, jason@bluehome.net wrote 2.3K bytes
in 56 lines about:
: Now, using a hosted mailing lists could bring up other issues, like privacy,
: depending on how public the specific mailing list is supposed to be, but
mailing
: lists don't raise the SaaS issue because email (and therefore mailing lists)
are
: about communication with other people. That's not something you can do solely
by
: yourself.
:
: So no: mailing lists aren't SaaS [1].

Perhaps this is splitting hairs or I'm horribly misunderstanding, but
I run my own mailings lists using free software.  I seem to have no
issues communicating with others using free software; using mailing list
software, using smtp servers, all run on my own machine.  I don't see
the need for a 3rd party to run the mailing list software for me.

Perhaps the mailing list question is answered already, and I just forget
the answer.

--
Andrew
web: http://lewman.com