Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Project

From: dotcommon
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Project
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 13:31:10 +0200

On Mon, 3 May 2010 02:13:47 +0200, cool-RR <cool-rr@cool-rr.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:00 AM, <andrew@lewman.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 01:48:57PM +0200, cool-rr@cool-rr.com wrote 11K
>> bytes in 219 lines about:
>> : Librelist is a free as in freedom mailing list site for open source
>> : projects. It is a place for FOSS communities to discuss all the
things
>> they
>> : want without ads, censorship, signup requirements, bundled apps, or
>> : requirements that you use any particular email client or service.
>>
>> Why not just run your own mailing list rather than use some 3rd party
>> software as a service?  I suspect this is a non-free SaaS
>> implementation.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by saying "I suspect this is a non-free
> SaaS implementation". Are you suspecting that Librelist is not
open-source?

hi all
please, let me say something about this issue...

i have visited http://librelist.com/ and i had the same impact: a non-free
SAAS implementation

this was because i could not find neither any free software license
(GPLv3?) specification about the mailing software run by librelist.com,
nor
any source code of the mailing software to download, nor any website free
software license (AGPL?) specification... and, more, i could not find any
privacy statement (and also no clear 'who we are' page, no any 'mission'
or
similar page...)

but you say librelist is open source (which non necessarily mean free
software)

so... please, help me (and other people here) to better understand...

could you tell us:
- which is the free software license used by the mailing software run by
librelist.com (and where it is stated)?
- where is the source code of the mailing software run by librelist.com
(how can i obtain it)?
- which is the free software license used by the mailing list service run
by librelist.com (and where it is stated)?
- what is the privacy (logging, users data, email contents etc.) police of
the services hosted by librelist.com (and whwre is it stated)?

thanks!

regards
al3xu5 / dotcommon

--