libreplanet-br

Re: [LibrePlanet-BR] Divulgação?

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [LibrePlanet-BR] Divulgação?
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 13:31:07 -0300

Dia 9 de julho é o Dia Internacional Contra DRM. :)

Poderiamos mobilizar alguma ação, ou simplesmente um grupo de trabalho
para tradução dos materiais já disponibilizados pela FSF, segue o e-mail
que recebi da FSF faz algum tempo.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Leaders needed for International Day Against DRM Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 21:03:34 -0400
Dear Adonay Felipe Nogueira,

[Digital Restrictions Management (DRM)][0] is one of the primary
enemies in the fight for computer user freedom. Ostensibly
created to prevent unauthorized copying, this system of law and
technology weakens our security and curtails our rights. But there is
cause for hope: in the last year, we've seen cracks appearing in the
foundation of the DRM status quo.

[0]:
https://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm_digital_restrictions_management

Since the [last International Day Against DRM][1], the [TPP trade
agreement][2]—a key pro-DRM initiative—crashed and burned. And our
allies at the Electronic Frontier Foundation brought major [legal][3]
and [regulatory challenges][4] against DRM in Washington DC. As I
write this, the chief arbiter of Web standards is [receiving constant
phone calls from Defective by Design members][5] condemning his
attempt to allow DRM into the technical fabric of the Web. If we play
our cards right, this may be the beginning of the end of DRM.

[1]:
https://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/help_us_envision_future_victories_wake_day_against_drm
[2]: https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/trading-freedom
[3]: https://defectivebydesign.org/blog/lawsuit_could_be_beginning_end_drm
[4]:
https://defectivebydesign.org/blog/digital_restrictions_inside_will_us_ftc_agree_label_drmencumbered_products
[5]:
https://defectivebydesign.org/blog/dialup_webs_inventor_online_security_and_rights

**On Sunday, July 9, 2017, we will channel this momentum into the
[International Day Against DRM][6].** We'll be teaching, protesting,
and making—showing the world that we insist on a future without
Digital Restrictions Management. **Will you join us?** Here's what you
can do now:

[6]: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm

### Plan a gathering or protest action

Bring the International Day Against DRM to your community. We support
event planners of all experience levels by supplying printable
materials, putting you in touch with other activists near you and
online, and publicizing your event for maximum impact. Check out the
[amazing list of events from 2016's][7] Day for inspiration and dive
into the [event planning guide][8]. If you are interested in planning
something for the day, please join the [DRM Elimination Crew
discussion list][9] to receive important information for organizers.

[7]: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Defective_by_Design/Day_Against_DRM_2016
[8]: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm/event-planning

### Translate our flyer into your language

Even if you can't hand it out in your country, someone else might. All
translations will be posted on defectivebydesign.org as they are
completed. We've set up a [translation area on the LibrePlanet
wiki][10].

[10]:
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Defective_by_Design/DRM_flyer_translation

### Write a blog post or make a video

Share your unique perspective on the dangers of DRM, and get ready to
post on July 9th.

### Join the conversation

The [DRM Elimination crew][11] discussion list and #dbd IRC channel on
Freenode (irc.freenode.org) aren't just for event organizers. Join us
there for year-round conversation and collaboration with the anti-DRM
movement.

### Get a business involved

If you are affiliated with a business that sells DRM-free media, we'd
love to help you join the shops offering promotions for the
International Day Against DRM. Start by sending an email to
<address@hidden>.

### Support the organizers

[Donate to support the International Day Against DRM][12]. The Day is
organized with love by a small team of activists at the Free Software
Foundation. Thanks!

[12]: https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=40

Zak Rogoff
Campaigns Manager

*Read online:
<https://defectivebydesign.org/blog/leaders_needed_international_day_against_drm>*

*Image copyright Kori Feener 2016, licensed under
[Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0][13].*

[13]: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
--
* Follow us at <https://status.fsf.org/fsf>.
* Subscribe to our RSS feeds at <https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS>.

Sent from the Free Software Foundation,

51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110-1335
UNITED STATES

You can unsubscribe from this mailing list by visiting