[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[lp-br-sp] Fwd: Sugestão ao LHC e ao LibrePlanet -BR-SP para AMANHÃ 11/0
[lp-br-sp] Fwd: Sugestão ao LHC e ao LibrePlanet -BR-SP para AMANHÃ 11/02/14 de um evento (LibreBar?) "The Day We Fight Back"
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:08:25 -0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20131103 Icedove/17.0.10
Eu topo. Mais alguém?
Eu não tenho a chave ainda, então se for rolar, preciso de mais alguém ;)
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Sugestão ao LHC e ao LibrePlanet-BR-SP para AMANHÃ 11/02/14 de
um evento (LibreBar?) "The Day We Fight Back"
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:50:32 -0200
To: address@hidden <address@hidden>,
address@hidden <address@hidden>, address@hidden
<address@hidden>, address@hidden <address@hidden>,
Olá Panaggio, Raniere, Sérgio, Leandro e João
Faço a sugestão ao LHC e ao LibrePlanet-BR-SP para AMANHÃ 11/02/14 de um
evento (LibreBar?) "The Day We Fight Back" aqui em Campinas.
Se existir interesse dos colegas e disponibilidade do LHC, a sede do LHC
me parece ser um bom possível local.
O que vocês acham da iniciativa para a data não /passar batida/ ?
Rola um evento "flash mob" ? rs
Host an Event in Your Local Community on February 11, 2014 as Part of
The Day We Fight Back
06 Feb 2014
February 11th is the day we fight back against NSA surveillance. In
addition to a huge online demonstration, groups around the world are
planning events on the local level to protest surveillance abuses.
Hosting a local event is a great way to harness grassroots energy in
fighting surveillance abuses. Below are some ideas for local events you
can organize. Be sure to let us know your plans so we can include it to
our growing of activists and concerned individuals that are joining the
fight against mass, illegal government surveillance. Email us at
See a list of planned events so far here.
*Tip:* You may want to start an email list for participants who want to
help organize future events, share news, and continue the conversation
about mass surveillance. Here’s a sample email sign-up sheet
*Tip:* Take photos to document your event and help spread the word more
widely. This can help get your message out to the media and others who
weren’t able to attend in person.
Sample Event Ideas
1. Host a rally
This can range from getting permission to stand in front of a business
to waving signs on the side of the road to getting a permit and
attracting large crowds. Make creative signs, puppets, or banners. Take
photos and send them to us!
Check out the Bill of Rights Defense Committee guide to hosting a
2. Organize a viewing-party and a discussion afterwards.
Have snacks available. A few videos you could consider showing:
* The video made for The Day We Fight Back
* A film from the list of films
featuring surveillance on Wikipedia
* One of the op-docs from the New York Times
o “The Program
by Laura Portrais
o “Why Care About the N.S.A.
by Brian Knappenberger
* A short video about N.S.A. produced by Fight for the Future
<https://fightforthefuture.org>, featuring Evangeline Lilly: “How
the Government Tracks You: NSA Surveillance”
* The stopwatching.us video, featuring John Cusack, Maggie Gyllenhaal,
and Rep. Conyers: “Stop Watching Us: The Video
3. Invite a speaker to talk about surveillance issues.
This could be a local expert or professor, local activists and community
leaders who have surveillance stories to share, a local reporter who can
discuss how NSA spying has affected newsrooms, or a lawyer who can talk
about the First and Fourth Amendments.
4. Hold a letter writing party or deliver a petition. Some writing
projects you might undertake include:
* Letters to elected officials—from city counsel members to Congress
members—about why ending mass surveillance is important to you.
* A petition signed by members of your local community
5. Book a concert, art installation, or reading about surveillance.
For example, you could:
* Fundraise for a non-profit that’s working to fight mass surveillance
* Invite local bands to play a show and speak about organizing in your
area between acts
* Have a poster design contest about government surveillance and hold
an exhibition in a local gallery
* Invite poets, writers, and artists to share stories and words
* Share facts and informational one-pagers. EFF has several resources:
o Section 215 of Patriot Act
o Section 702 of the FISA Amendments Act
o The Crypto-Wars
o The 13 International Principles
6. Handout flyers at other events.
Print out the flyers from above
7. Hold a community meeting to start a local activist or
You may want to start an email list to share news and organize. You
might even coordinate an event or regular time to meet.
8. Join the Twitter party
Use #StoptheNSA to follow and share photos and updates from around the
Let us know what you do
<mailto:address@hidden> to let us know what you’re
planning and send photos.
We’ll add events across the world to a list on our site. No event is too
small! Join us.
See a full list of events here. <https://thedaywefightback.org/events/>
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [lp-br-sp] Fwd: Sugestão ao LHC e ao LibrePlanet -BR-SP para AMANHÃ 11/02/14 de um evento (LibreBar?) "The Day We Fight Back",
Ricardo Panaggio <=