libredwg

Re: [libredwg] install LibreDWG and edit DWG files.

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [libredwg] install LibreDWG and edit DWG files.
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 11:04:00 +0100

I hope this article is useful for anyone interested in the state of .DWG support in libre software:
https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Drawing_(DWG)

Let me know if the article lacks anything.

Regards, Duncan

Den 22. januar 2022 09.33.28 CET, Paolo <kenren89@gmail.com> skrev:
Hi,
Despite the name, LibreDWG and LibreCAD have legal difference issue LibreCAD is GPLv2 only and LibreDWG GPLv3+.
So anyone can link them directly, LibreCAD have different DWG library, that is worster than LibreDWG. You can however transform your dwg in a dxf and then open it with LibreCAD.
There is also a proof of concept of LibreCAD3 (new version totaly rewrited) on github that can solve the issue, but is still in a very early stage.

Sorry for my bad english.
Cheers,
Paolo