libredwg

Re: [libredwg] .json conversion

From: Reini Urban
Subject: Re: [libredwg] .json conversion
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:24:06 +0200

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 5:19 AM Andrew Aaron <aaaron909@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Reini.
I work for https://skyciv.com/ . I'm currently looking at using LibreDWG to convert .dwg to .json, and then further formatting that .json into our format.

Although the conversion works I've noticed that there's some bad, non-json formatting coming out of dwgread. Right now, I'm taking this output and converting it to pure json. Although this would work, it seems counterproductive in that this formatting should probably happen within LibreDWG itself.

Sure. But I think I have already added a json test via jq to test if the created JSON is conforming, can roundtrip and such.
If not, can you please send me an example DWG with a bad JSON? This should be easy to fix.

Although I'm not a C programmer by trade, I would be willing to contribute to the source so json output would be well-formatted. Although I haven't figured out where the conversion, if any, is happening within the code. So I would like some advice, as to where I should insert my code to format the json.

Thankyou for your consideration, Andrew Aaron.

--
Reini Urban