libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Status and goals

From: R.van Twisk
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Status and goals
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 18:04:22 +0100

The idea of LibreCAD  3was always to be full MIT without any GPL but due to a commit that added an GPL license that was way later discovered a part of it is now GPLed .

I believe the core engine should still be MIT ...
(Sent from my mobile device, please forgive typos or brevity)

Op 25 dec. 2020 om 21:52 heeft kenren89@gmail.com het volgende geschreven:

LibreCAD 3 is released under GPLv3+ like LibreDWG and use a different library (less accurate). So honestly I don't think that the license is a problem, GPLv3 is compatible eith other license like EUPL1.2 and other...

The problems are probably other, for example the non existence of a simple but serious alternative of CAD 2D, gtkcad, gcad, qcad, librecad, much projects but not yet ready to use.