libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Future direction of LibreDWG

From: Hamish
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Future direction of LibreDWG
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:51:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

as for GRASS's use, we have a partial implementation as
v.in.redwg for GRASS6 and 7,
 https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass6/vector/v.in.redwg

This has been left as a user-compiled addon module partially
because it is not fully developed to take advantage of all that
LibreDWG can do, and partially because GRASS is GPL2+ not 3+.

I would not ask for a license change on our behalf, but fyi
that's where we're at.  i.e. even if there was a license chance
we wouldn't incorporate it immediately as our interface to redwg
is not complete.

Note we also ship the source code for (but not build) v.in.dwg
which relies on the non-Free OpenDWG toolkit, and do build by
default the v.in.dxf module for classic dxf+3D (no external
dependencies for that one).

What's the situation/experience/state of the art like with
BRL-CAD's implementation?

thanks for keeping it alive,
Hamish