libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Getting empty output

From: R. van Twisk
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Getting empty output
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 17:22:18 -0500

On Jun 26, 2011, at 5:01 PM, Davinder Kumar wrote:

> @All i am struggling with a problem from many days that whenever i
> used testSVG for converting dwg to svg
> A file is created in example folder with name ouput.svg(in my case) i
> got the following error
> 1.It shows empty file in browser means empty browser(i am using
> Mozilla Firefox for opening of svg)
> 2.XML Parsing Error: no element found
> Location: file:///home/hanuman/Desktop/libredwg/examples/sample1.svg
> Line Number 1, Column 1:
> ^
> 3.Segmentation error
> That is all in the case of that dwg file that is supported by my
> running libredwg.
> 4.<error-code>
> address@hidden:~/Desktop/libredwg/examples$ ./testSVG
> ACAD_example_DWG2007.dwg > davinder.svg

<snip>

> According to me if a library,  itself unable to convert a dwg to svg
> then how can it goes for embedding in librecad like big software.

David, please remember that LibreDWG is still in alpha development stage (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/libredwg/)
and when I did my little tests with exporting from Drawft Sight and importing
into LibreCAD,
it did a great job for a alpha development version, yes there  are bug....
But, appart from the main developers, it does require our attention, testing
and possible submitting patches.

i hope you can submit patches, I know I will as soon as I released a stable
version of LibreCAD (I am in RC1 now),
and the next version will include LibreDWG (if the version is GPLv2).

it does help if you post your DWG somewhere se we can take a look.

Ries