libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Python bindings

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Python bindings
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 23:27:27 +0200

On 24 August 2010 14:51, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> I can try to do it in swing and see how dose it takes ..
> I never do anything with swing but looking at the swig documentation it dose
> not seems to be very difficult.

Matteo, it would be great if you could give us a hand on that! I think
SWIG is a good option because it is flexible. if we change the API it
is just a matter of regenerating the code.

> I'm very interested to have dwg support for my application.
> PythonCAD could be a good application for viewing and modifie dwg files ..
> Even for testing pourpouse for the libredwg.

Sure, we definitely need test cases.

> Actually in PythonCAD, I will read dxf file and render the entity in the
> graphic area as a new layer.
> you can give a try downloading the last git commited at :
> git://pythoncad.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pythoncad/pythoncad set the R38
> branch that is the actual in development.
>
> I actually support arc/circle line text polyline.
> we got some truble with color..

Maybe you could take a look at our svg converter or the GRASS
v.in.redwg module, which deal with more entities.

> so What I really need is a lib that reads\write the file and give me the
> ability to get this information for rendering on my Application.
>
> Let me know if we can make a sort of cooperation to get the binding works in
> a short time.
> I would like to go out with my first beta for the end of the year.

Sure. See what you can do and send us a patch. I can get you git push
access. Our rules are not strict at all: one or two patches and you
are in. I really want to help on that but I won't be able to do that
on the following 2 or 3 weeks :(

Rodrigo

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP