libredwg

Re: [libredwg] New lurker

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] New lurker
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 19:12:37 -0300

On 6 July 2010 08:14, Duncan Lithgow <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi good people. I'm a user of Autodesk AutoCAD in AEC and would be
> very happy to help explain some of the concepts or whatever else I can
> to support this project.

Hello Duncan, thanks for your support. We really need support from real users.

You could start by trying LibreDWG on your files. There is a dwg2svg
converter. We currently support reading R13, R14, 2000 and 2004 files.
It is not a hard task to checkout the source code and build it. There
are detailed steps here: http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibreDWG.

You could also help us better understand the concepts of viewports,
model space, paper space, blocks and inserts - information about these
are never too much.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP