libredwg

Re: [libredwg] [news] Autodesk and Open Design Alliance Reach Agreement

From: Frank Warmerdam
Subject: Re: [libredwg] [news] Autodesk and Open Design Alliance Reach Agreement for Autodesk DWG Trademarks
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 12:24:09 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
Any exposure to liability is mine personally. This is not an official
libredwg project.

I am interested in getting OGR to use libredwg, and would work on
doing that by working on the API.

I will put some time into this as I have resources available.
If opendwg wants to sue me, I am ready to fight them.

The code that I am deriving this from
(http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/spike/dxfdwg)  seems to have a bsd like
open license and mentions no IP restrictions.

Mike,

While not too relavent to you, that code was moved to spike specifically
because it included a modified include file from dwgdirect.

Best regards,

> My work is just to
resolve compiler errors from compiling against my dummy types, in my
opinion, there can be no IP claims against me for doing that.

I dont even see that there is any "substantial portions of the
Software" in my header files, so I will license it under the AGPL 3.0.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, address@hidden