Re: [Libreboot] libreboot write protected

From: Daniel Tarrero
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] libreboot write protected
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:11:37 +0100

wow dude, there's a full party into I-ME :S
i send this to the list, maybe other's interested too :)

The PDF from Igor Skochinsky that i found in the link you send me is
full of great resources! recommended (foot notes) <<<<<<<< ++ !!!!

if i've understand you right, we want to break intel's ME. We can call
that "write protection" firmware, but maybe i will call it "faulty
firmware to break intel's ME and avoid future changes vía software".

Now is time to check the resoults :)

i have this for windows, maybe can help you (could this be launched from
hiren's cd boot live windows XP? u will tell ;):
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19009/Intel-Management-Engine-Verification-Utility

i also see in the kernel documentation that there is a module able to
talk to intel's ME (probably not fully tested, not fully featured, but
can give you some "working-notworking" scenarios.
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/misc-devices/mei/mei.txt