Re: [Libreboot] Porting Libreboot to the C201 Chromebook (veyron_speedy)

From: xdrudis
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Porting Libreboot to the C201 Chromebook (veyron_speedy)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 16:17:58 +0100

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 12:47:46AM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
>   > The GPU is a Mali T764, on which Luc has been doing some early work to
[...]
>   > ever been achieved yet. Thus, I believe it is of the utmost importance
>   > to back Luc up on this,
>
> What support does he need?

I don't know him, but from what I read, I guess that at least motivation.
Maybe funding currently, I don't know.
By motivation I don't mean cheering or a pat in the back, but philosophically
solid arguments on why it is worth adding value to a company offerings
(or an industry) which is actively alienating people from their computers.

Have you read
http://libv.livejournal.com/27461.html
?

>   >  even if big players like ARM are trying hard to
>   > make Lima not happen and to make it difficult for Luc to keep going.
>
> What is ARM doing to Lima?

They alledgedly pressured another company to fire a FS developer
working on Lima. Also allegedly fired some of their own employees
after they sided with an external proposal to embrance a FS policy for
their driver. And, always according to Luc, who I believe, ARM tries
to hinder/defame Lima either directly or through business partners.

Or something like that.