Re: [Libreboot] Password protected Grub entries

From: Robert Alessi
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Password protected Grub entries
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 14:13:46 +0200

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 11:15:32AM +0100, The Gluglug wrote:
> It's more about redundancy than security. Not putting ones eggs in the
> same basket, and so on. I also recommend keeping lots of good backups,
> in separate locations. (encrypted, of course, and to a server that is
> under your exclusive control)

Ok. I had not redundancy in mind; rather security.  But redundancy is
very important too.  If I may make a suggestion, a tutorial on how to
set up a libreboot + GNU/Linux server (even a basic one) would be most
useful.  I have one, but I must get rid of it since it is not able to
run libreboot: I have plans to do this, but I did not yet figure out
how you achieved to set one up.

> There are some people who would want to abolish this law, but I'd have
> none of that. At the moment, there is no limit.

Quite so.

> > Already done.  But what if someone spies on me typing my
> > passphrase, even if it is on my second dummy libreboot system?
> >

> LUKS passphrases can be changed, without having to reconfigure
> anything else. (as far as I know)

I think so: at least, I have changed mine without having to
reconfigure anything else.