Re: [Libreboot] Password protected Grub entries

From: Beni
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Password protected Grub entries
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 20:04:31 +0200

Exactly. That is why I recommended against using --unrestricted. They
can replace your HDD, but the chances of them being able to replicate
a correct GPG signature is very hard.

Ah, ok. But there are still two things I don't don't yet fully understand.

1. What I don't understand yet is how you'd get a hard drive to accept the exact same passphrase I use to unlock my hard drive. If you don't achieve this I'll notice that you replaced the drive the second I put in my passphrase and it fails to decrypt the drive.

2. What could you achieve by replacing the hard drive? My data is on the original hard drive. If you replace the drive, you get basically a new device containing no valuable information.

Regards,

Beni