Re: [Libreboot] X60 tablet: screen whine after 1400x1050 screen swap

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] X60 tablet: screen whine after 1400x1050 screen swap
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 18:45:39 +0200

> http://libreboot.org/gitdocs/future/old.html#x60_native_notes
> Just follow the same method, but on your X60 Tablet, and you read from
> 0xe4361254 location in devmem to get the proper value.

Don't recommend accessing fixed memory locations.
http://hg.mtjm.eu/scripts/file/tip/intel-regs.py reads it in a way
independent of where your system maps PCI regions.  (That script is
inefficient and has wrong comments.  I do not know proper tools for
doing exactly this in scripts.)

The intel_bios_reader program (in intel-gpu-tools) also prints the PWM
frequency from which the register value can be computed.