Re: [Libreboot] wrong coreboot image for X60s

From: Robert Alessi
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] wrong coreboot image for X60s
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 12:48:10 +0100

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 12:17:20PM +0100, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Dear Robert.
Dear Marcus,

> I experienced the same but used x60flashfrom5 afterwards which works. It
> adds -p internal:boardmismatch=force to the flashrom command.

Thank you for your response.  But which Libreboot were you using
before upgrading to the current one?  The doc implies that using
x60flashfrom5 is not required if you are flashing from a Libreboot
release which is higher than 5th.  I am currently running the 20141015
release.

> Besides that it's now possible to chainload a grub configuration on your
> disk:
> http://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/grub_cbfs.html#libreboot_grub_config_ondisk
>
> Using this, I was able to avoid rebuilding the image. I have simply done a
> ln -s /boot/grub/grub.cfg /boot/grub/libreboot_grub.cfg which made me use
> the original system grub config.

I noticed this, but I don't know yet if I may use this feature, since
I run Parabola from a fully encrypted HD (included /boot partition).
But I will look into this, thanks!

Robert