libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] set vram on gm45 to 352M

From: Arthur Heymans
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] set vram on gm45 to 352M
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 16:50:16 +0200

Hi

Now vram is set to 32M by default with some cmos options to change this.
I made a change to coreboot to enable setting all hardware supported
vram sizes from cmos.

For better 3D performance the default is set to 352M.

This is done in cmos.default.
This is only loaded when cmos checksum is corrupted or cmos reset. Else
it will probably be 1M vram.

there are 2 good options to fix this:
- make the flash script reset cmos
- make coreboot always load cmos.defaults (a .config option)

and one ugly way:
hardcoding this.

This might be done for other things that are currently hardcoded in
libreboot. I think always loading cmos.defaults is more elegant than
hardcoding stuff.

Arthur Heymans