libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup

From: Leah Woods
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Docs: texinfo merging/cleanup
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 06:45:50 +0100

Hi Paul,

Op 19/05/16 om 05:05 schreef address@hidden:
> Hello,
>
> I merged the texinfo files in the docs into one file and fixed
> cross-references etc. I'm unsure if this is still on the to do
> list, given that libreboot is in GNU, but if it would be helpful I
> will send a diff or the file. I am new to this so I apologize for
> any faux pas.
>
> Note that this does not include the changes made to the docs in the
> last few days, and I haven't had a chance to look at
> internationalization.
>
> Best wishes, Paul

Yes, this is still on the TODO list. We want to fully transition to
texinfo, with scripts to automatically generate an HTML site from the
texinfo docs. At present, we backport changes to a separate branch of
hand-written HTML docs, but this is not permanent.

Then there are the build system changes, which PaulK is working on.

- --
Leah Woods

Libreboot developer
Freenode IRC nick (#libreboot): vimuser

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/